Sunday, February 28, 2010

REAL...

Finally. The first post. It is so hard to decide the first, most important words when you begin to open your heart... But here goes...

My sister got married yesterday. MARRIED. I was there. I helped plan the ceremony and reception for the last 6 months. I bought my dress, helped her buy her dress, saw her wear her ring every day. But still it didn't feel REAL. Yesterday, we got our hair done, we got dressed, I watched her at the front of the church, I heard the pastor's words. But it didn't feel REAL. I went to the party, I ate, I danced, I gave a speech. But it still doesn't feel REAL. She doesn't seem any different. And yet it seems like she is completely different. I feel like she is the same, but forever changed. When something this huge happens, shouldn't you be able to see it? Shouldn't she look different or talk different? Suddenly turn purple. Something big to reflect the enormity of what happened.

Isn't this true of all of us?

No comments: