Monday, December 6, 2010

I've got a heart like Bethlehem...

So it only took 3 months to get back, but here I am... just in time to start thinking about Christmas...

We are now in the season of Advent...awaiting the arrival of our Lord and Savior. So I'm trying to anticipate His arrival...which is always so much harder than it should be...

I got the new Ross King CD this week - I love his music! He led worship at Breakaway when I was at A&M and writes incredibly atypical, profound songs ... most of the time. He just put out a Christmas CD, which has a song called "Bethlehem". I LOVE IT!! It is all whether there was room in the inn for Jesus and whether there's room in your heart for Jesus. It definitely resonates with this busy, busy time of year...where Jesus can get lost in all the Christmas preparations. How ironic.

Here are the lyrics. Enjoy!

Bethlehem
words and music by Ross King (c) 2010 Ross King

I've got a heart like Bethlehem on a silent night
Theres no room at the inn for you to come inside
I'm way too busy now, And its much too late
If you'd been here earlier
Maybe I could let you stay

You're only looking for a place
to be born into life
Where Your power can heal
Where Your love can revive
I don't know why you chose, To be born into me
But its hard to believe, and receive, and let you in
cause Ive got a heart like Bethlehem

I've got a heart like Bethlehem but I hide it well
I keep my dirty barns behind my nice hotels
But you see my great facade
And you're not impressed
You tell your story in the manger of my weaknesses

You're only looking for a place
to be born into life
Where Your power can heal
Where Your love can revive
I don't know why you chose, To be born into me
But its hard to believe, and receive, and let you in
cause Ive got a heart like Bethlehem

For years nobody knew us
but now when hear our name, they think of Jesus
That little town of Bethlehem
died that night

No comments: