Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new chapter...

A page has turned. Another chapter begins. 2011. What will it bring? Who can imagine?

I think of 2010 and all the twists and turns that I never could have imagined on Jan 1 of last year. But before it began, God knew...

He knew of the new friendships to be discovered (ie Ashley & Allison), new family members (making Dave & Lauren official SLOANS!), new talents to be developed (drawing class and my ballerina), new homes to purchase, new processes to learn (BUYING the home), new fears within the corners of my soul to face, new adventures to take (The Bahamas and AFRICA!), new languages to learn, new truths to learn about myself, new projects to support, new goodbyes to be said, new colleagues at work (Sara, Beth, Rashmi, Erin, Megan - new young providers!), and even a new roommate in the last week of 2010 (my sister Karen!). It has not always been easy; in fact, it has rarely been easy. It's been a year of tough questions. God has given me so much this year - but rarely when and how I've asked for it. 2010 has been a year of great molding and refining, but it has been an interesting year to walk beside my Lord. It has been a wild ride! I am slowly but surely learning to let go and let Him take the wheel. SO SO hard for me, but I'm trying...

And so I look forward to the next chapter He has planned. I wait in eager anticipation to see it unfold. Will it bring love or heartache or friendship or betrayal or challenges or setbacks? I pray that be it good or bad, I might stay by His side through it all. I pray that Jan 1 2012 finds me closer to His heart, closer to His image...

I heard the song "No Matter What" by Kerrie Roberts on the radio today. It resonated within my heart today. May I continue to love Him ... no matter what the year might bring!
No Matter What...


No Matter What – Kerrie Roberts Lyrics and Chords

I’m running back to Your promises one more time
Lord that’s all I can hold on to
I gotta say this has taken me by surprise, but nothing surprises You
Before a heartache can ever touch my life
It has to go through Your hands
And even though I keep asking why, I keep asking why

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what I’m gonna need You
I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You no matter what, no matter what

When I’m stuck in this nothingness by myself
I’m just sitting in silence
There’s no way I can make it without Your help, I won’t even try it
I know You have Your reasons for everything so I will keep believing
Whatever I might be feeling, God You are my hope
And You will be my strength

Anything I don’t have You can give it to me, but it’s OK if You don’t
I’m not here for those things
The touch of Your love is enough on its own
No matter what I still love You and I’m gonna need You

No matter what I’m gonna love You, no matter what I’m gonna need You
I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You
I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, but if not, I’ll trust You

No matter what
No matter no matter what
No matter no matter what
No matter no matter what

No comments: