Today, I have no idea how to put my thoughts into a concise commentary. I am overwhelmed by what happened so long ago. I am hit today by the reality of it. That Jesus went from a party with friends to a death sentence in less than 24 hours. And that countdown has begun...again...
WOW!!!! Such a powerful service tonight. With so many things shining before me. I have no idea how to recount all of the things that Jesus was telling me and showing me tonight. I felt bombarded by images, feelings, realizations, emotions. Wow!
I had my head anointed with oil; I watched pastor wash the feet of teenage boys; I heard the story of the First Passover and saw its significance in the age-old Easter story; I received the Body and Blood of the Lord and partook in the Last Supper - seen with a new perspective. And at the end of the service, I watched as the people of the church stripped the altar bare just as Jesus was stripped of his garments. So powerful! So moving!
The choir sang this song tonight. Powerful!
Christ Has No Body Now But Yours
Christ has no body now but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours.
Yours are the eyes with which He sees, Yours are the feet with which he walks,
Yours are the hands with which he blesses all the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment