Today was the day...the big move! And it was a scorcher for sure! And while I was glad to have movers move the big stuff, I did my fair share of hauling stuff today.
Still, at the end of the day, all of my stuff is in my new house...and my apartment was empty.
Throughout this entire process, I have had a hard time letting go of my apartment. I found this super cute little place - where I have only lived the last 15 months. And yet, it has seemed more like HOME than any other place in recent memory. It's cute, cozy, home-y. And I have been a little sad to leave it. I have been so tempted at times to cancel the move and stay where I am. Status quo. Known versus unknown. It's "good enough." It's great really. The house is new and big and scary. So many decisions. So many things to learn. So much more money. So much more permanent. And so I have been a bit torn in my decision...until today.
After clearing everything out, I went back over to the apartment to double check. And I walked around my bedroom - now empty...and felt EMPTY as well. Without my STUFF, it was no longer home. I no longer felt the same tie to the apartment. In all its bareness, I could see it a bit more objectively.
And objectively, my house is BETTER! WAY BETTER! It's a step up in everyway. And I realized that I had to let go of the current to obtain the future. I had to let go of the good right now to take hold of the better awaiting me. That is so how God loves to work...and so counterintuitive to our human logic.
We hang on to what we have, even when it's not so great...because we are afraid of what's unknown. Afraid we will trade mediocre for worse. And yet, God calls us to walk by faith...to follow Him...no matter where He takes us...even if we don't know the way...especially when we don't know the way. We don't need to know the details. We just need to follow Him. And He always works it out to our good... He is always moving us up in the world...closer to Heaven and closer to Him.
Lord, please help me to let go of my own logic and lean on You completely - trusting You to handle all of my physical, emotional, spiritual needs - in ways far beyond my comprehension and desire. You love me more than I can ever imagine...
Thank you for loving me and leading me upward always. Thank you for helping nudge me out of the nest and showing me it was time to move to the next step and buy this house. This amazing, beautiful, cute, 'perfect for me' house. I will praise You always...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment