Today was super eventful - and not in the ways that I anticipated!
Busy work day. First meeting with a financial planner. And then (drum roll, please!) ... I went to go pick up the keys to MY NEW HOUSE!
YAY!! It felt so great. The house is cuter than I remember. It's now empty and waiting for all of my stuff. I just walked around for about 10 or 15 minutes, checking out the nooks and crannies of MY HOUSE.
What a high! It felt so great. The culmination of all of my hard work, and phone calls, and stress, and conflicted emotions. And it felt so right.
I really wanted to put something of mine in the house...so I headed out to the car with my keys to get a new rug I'd bought for the house. I headed out the front door...and had a sense of dread as the door shut behind me. Sure enough, I turned around and tried the door - LOCKED! I managed to lock myself out of my brand new house within the first 20 minutes. What a way to kill the moment!!
Worse, my purse and cellphone were inside. At least I had my carkeys. So I headed back to the apartment to try and find a locksmith. Long story short - 3 hours and a few locksmiths later, I was back in my house. Just in time to grab my stuff and head home to bed. Not the way I planned to spend my first night as a homeowner. But still ended up okay in the end...and a story that I will never forget. Although not perfect, a perfect first house story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment