I just spent the last 2 days in Baltimore. Such an interesting and informative experience! I am in awe that I was invited to participate in such a group of people.
In December, John Nunes, president of Lutheran World Relief (an international relief aid organization) came to preach at my church in Dallas. We spoke for a few minutes and hit it off. Out of this new friendship came an invitation to attend his President's Council this week.
What a group of people! 15 of the most interesting, most diverse people I've ever met! I was by far one of the LEAST accomplished people there. The group ran the spectrum - philanthropists with deep pockets, CEOs of 70 million dollar companies, recent college graduates, Lutheran pastors, attorneys, professional fundraisers, and me. We spent the last two days discussing the vision and mission of Lutheran World Relief. We offered suggestions, constructive criticism, support and insight to the top management of this organization.
I left the meeting in awe. In awe that I was invited to be a part of this amazing group of people. In awe that I was able to meet such interesting and powerful people. In awe at the advice and wisdom offered by the participants of the council. In awe at the magnitude of intellect and wisdom that I witnessed. In awe at the work that LWR is doing to help the poor all over the world.
I am in awe that the Lord of the universe loves me and lets me help work for His kingdom. May He use us to help His people in the most forgotten corners of the world find their way up out of poverty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment