Saturday, September 4, 2010

Meandering at its best...

Wow! What a day! So full of wonderful activities and yet without agenda at all. Thank you for such a refreshing time!

This morning, I went to have breakfast with Fredy and his family. The last time I was in Guatemala, Fredy & Suzanne were just starting on their house. It was fun a to see a mostly finished house and get the grand tour. I LOVE THE TERRACE! Wish I'd taken pictures of the beauty to see up there!!!

It was wonderful to spend the morning with them - catching up on the happenings of the family. I love spending time with Fredy's mom, and Paola, Angel, and Chiquita have grown so much! And I got to meet the newest addition to the family! What a precious little angel!!!

Eylin, Fredy's sister, came by after breakfast and had to go to the market. I decided to tag along and spend some time with her. We bought potatoes and grapes, and visited Mayra in the market. Lazy but fun. By then, it was about 2pm - so I had Eylin drop me off at the hotel on her way home. After a catnap, I went to run a couple of errands and then went looking for some lunch/dinner. I decided on Casa Escobar - a fancy steakhouse I have seen often but never tried.
I sat at a table by the window and watched the people pass by.


My little plate of potatoes, steak, and garlic bread - along with my side of guacamole was the perfect little meal! After I finished, I spent a few hours reading and thinking and watching the people. So much relaxation. So wonderful. As it got dark, I headed back to the hotel for a quiet night. I went to bed early...thinking I could get up early Sunday and enjoy more of the daylight...

No comments: