Friday, September 3, 2010

There's no place like home...

Finally back in Guatemala...my home away from home! It's been 14 months - which is the longest I've been away in 4 years! But with holidays, wedding prep, Becca's wedding, buying my house, Matt's wedding, Africa...it's not like I've just been sitting on the couch.
There is always something to do - but I was really missing my friends, and my girls, and Guatemala itself ... so I just decided t seize the day and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! I took a long Labor Day weekend and headed down south.
Today, I worked a half day and then headed to the airport. I got to Guatemala about 7pm - and found Suzanne and Fredy at the airport to pick me up! Fun surprise! I also found a lot of rain. After arriving in Antigua, I got soaked as I walked to get some late dinner and then headed back to the hotel for a quiet evening of Campero and my thoughts.
I feel as if I've been gone too long...but it's good to be back...

No comments: