Thursday, August 5, 2010

Perspective...

Yesterday was a success with picture taking. Almost done with all 26 kids! So today we started on the stories. We sat down with a few kids at a time and asked them to tell their stories. I got to sit in on one of the first groups - two high school guys. I was not at all prepared for their stories.

We got situated and asked the first boy to start at the beginning...
"When I was really little, too young to remember exactly, I lost both of my parents. So I went to live with my grandparents. But they died too when I was about 12 years old. We had no one to take care of us. My sister was already 13 so she got married. And I found a friend of my parents to let me stay with him for some time."

Then the second boy told his story. It sounded similar...
"I am one of 6 children. I lived with my parents when I was little. However, they both passed away when I was about 5 years old. So then I went to live with my oldest sister and her husband. When I was about 13 years old, my sister and her husband passed away as well. It was then that I went to live with my 2nd oldest sister - which is where I live today."

So matter of fact. Just details in their story. And so many of them have the same story. Moving time and time again. Loss of family members. Loss of parents. Seeking for consistency and stability in their ever changing lives.

Lord, won't you please be that stability they seek! Will you help them find that? Will you be with them? Bind up their hearts, bind up their hurts. Remind them that they still have a loving Father in Heaven. And that You promise to NEVER leave us nor forsake your children.

No comments: