Hey Pops! So what to praise about you today? What have you taught me about Yourself today? It was a pretty good day at work. Busy but manageable. Stayed late to tie up loose ends...and then went home to meet up with Becca.
So fun to catch up with her and have some good sister-bonding time. Thank you so much for giving me someone who understands me so well, knows how I think and respond, and knows how to tell me things so that I hear them and receive them. Thank you for that super special bond that You have given us. There are people that naturally speak to you in a way you can understand and accept; there are those that try; and there are those that just don't seem to speak your same language. We all have people that fall into each category.
Lord, thank you for Becca and how she can see my heart better than I see it myself, that she understands me and helps me understand myself. Thank you, Lord, that You understand me even better than she does! You are the One who created this heart, created these neurons, created these emotional responses. You knit me together in my mother's womb...I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Thank you, Lord, for knowing us. And not just knowing our names...but knowing our hopes and fears and struggles and strengths. Thank you for knowing our futures and our pasts - and loving us anyway. I am so glad that You hear the words I speak...and understand what I am saying - or not saying - as the case may be.
Thank you for speaking to me in words that I can understand. You use the words of friends, the songs on the radio, the beauty of the world to show me Your love and show me Your will for me. Let me be ever listening. Help me to be ready to hear what YOU are saying behind YOUR words. Help me to trust Your love and goodness in all that You do...whether the actions seem to be what I would interpret as good.
You know far more than I do. You see farther than I do. You get the big picture. Help me to trust that ... and to trust You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment