Today was my last free Monday. They've changed my schedule at the clinic and so I'll now be working 5 days a week...EVERY week. Today was my last free Monday. So I had tons of ideas on how I was going to make the most of it. But, like most free Mondays, I did next to nothing.
Of course, it didn't help that it was rainy and gray outside all day. Perfect weather for staying in bed all day. I suppose I was slightly more productive than that. I woke up late; I did my taxes, organized some things around the house. I finally got up and moving and left the house about 4pm. Spent 2 hours and TOO much money at Target...and then I took the scenic route home with a Guatemalan detour of Pollo Campero for dinner. And you know what? I think it was a good day. There were no deadlines, no rushing, no stress. We all need days like that more often.
And I did it all with my main man, Jesus. Listened to some music this morning. Talked to Him as we drove up Cockrell Hill from Cedar Hill. New neighborhoods - some super sketch and some kinda fancy. And all the people need Jesus. So I talked to God about us and about the people I was passing. And I am amazed that the same heart is beating within me that was there 2 weeks ago.
How can it go from so stressed to so calm? How can He be enough right now? I don't know. But I love it. I want Him to be my El-Shaddai - my provision. My All in All. He is the Lover and Creator of My Soul. And sometimes it is enough to just sit and relax...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment